Sunday, October 16, 2005

The Rain Finally Stopped

We saw the sun today for the first time in 9 or 10 days. It was a welcome and much needed sight. There hasn't been much flooding impact in Manchester, but elsewhere in the state has been hit hard. The worst hit areas are in the westerner part of the state, Keene and Alstead in particular. I drove over the Merrimack river today and it was higher than I can ever remember seeing it. The water is so high even though only a few weeks ago, it was about as low as I've ever seen it.

Jodie and I participated in the Breast Cancer walk at Greeley Park in Nashua. It was a nice walk, but I unfortunately volunteered to help set up. The walk was at 10:00 am, so I figured helping to setup would entail getting there around 8:00 am. Instead I was told to get there around 7:00 am. Jodie and I got there early and help set up a few things, but we really didn't do much. Soon, we found ourselves without much to do, and more than 2 hours to wait until the walk began. We ended up walking around Greeley Park and playing on the swings for awhile. I don't have a problem helping setup. I mean, I did volunteer, but I didn't really enjoy carrying about 6 boxes and then having nothing to do. I'm glad to help out, but if I'm not needed, I rather not show up early to stand around.

Overall, the walk was a success. We enjoyed the walk very much, and it's great to raise money and awareness for such a good cause.

No comments: